Sony Bravia series continuing the reputation of 2019’s with successful selling AG9, the KD-48A9 contains Sony’s X1 Ultimate processor, which harnesses a host of features that continue to amaze us, including X-Reality PRO for upscaling, Object-based HDR remaster for colour & contrast, and X-Motion Clarity for video processing.
- TV: Ultra HD OLED TV
- Screen size: 48 inch (122 cm), flat
- Connections: 4x HDMI (1x eARC, 4x v2.0), 1x composite video, 1x stereo minijack, 1x optical digital out, 3x USB, 1x headphones, 3x antenna, Bluetooth 4.2
- Whta’s Extras: HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, WiFi (802.11ac) built-in, Android TV (9.0 Pie), Chromecast, Airplay 2, USB / DLNA media player, DVB-T2 / C / S2, CI + lock, voice control , X1 Ultimate 4K HDR processor
- Dimensions: 1,069 x 629 x 255 mm (including foot)
- Weight: 17.6 kg (including foot)
- Consumption: 114 / 0.5 watt (Energy label B)
- Expected Rs. price: Rs. 1,48,999
Sony’s powerful processor brings out the detail in every scene with screen sound that’s in total harmony with the picture. Enjoy great picture and sound quality packed into a beautifully compact form. The screen continues the use of Sony’s Acoustic Surface Audio, passing the sound through the screen itself, eradicating the risk of lip-sync delays often found with other models.
The A9 features Android TV, which (predictably) cuts the voice assistant choice down to only Google Assistant. The latest version of Android TV feels a lot smoother than those which went before, includes support for a raft of add-on apps, and includes a bunch of stability fixes too. With Pixel Contrast Booster, colour and contrast are enhanced in bright areas so you can enjoy scenes full of lifelike shades and hues, more depth, fine texture and the pure black contrast that only OLED can deliver.
The same powerful processor used to drive Sony’s 8K TVs precisely analyses image data to bring out the intense contrast of OLED, with pure blacks, peak brightness and truly realistic pictures. The X1 Ultimate quickly detects all video and film frame rates and delivers excellent deinterlacing so you rarely see jagged edges or moiré effects (still important for many digital TV set-top boxes that deliver 1080i).
You can enjoy the image to the fullest. The slightly smaller Acoustic Surface setup still delivers great sound.